We are committed to preserving the gorgeous natural setting we inherited from. This is a daily concern for our teams to care for it and improve our eco-citizenship.
All actions we take focus on the respect for the environment that surrounds us:
Reduce our various consumptions
Encourage our personnel and clients to adopt the right behaviours
Preserve the fauna and flora that surrounds us
MORE INTO DETAILS
01. PROMOTE PROXIMITY
02. REDUCE OUR CONSUMPTION OF ENERGY
We invite our teams and dear guests to be watchful about their consumption of energy through behaviours that are simple and easy to adopt on a daily basis but make a big difference over the long-term. Thus, we are implementing rules that aim at reducing the Domaine’s consumption of energy as much as possible.
We therefore recommend you to put some actions into practice, that are beneficial to the Domaine and the planet alike:
● switch off the lights of rooms that are unoccupied and when you leave your bedroom
● swich all electrical equipment off
● unplug devices in case of continued absence
● unplug mobile phone chargers
● turn down heating or cooling of the rooms according to whether they are occupied or not, whether the windows are opened or not
● Prioritise daylight whenever possible
● save warm water
● do not through used batteries into the rubbish bin, but leave them at the reception desk
03. WASTE MANAGEMENT
Aiming at not throwing anything away anymore, we have implemented various collecting systems and have reconsidered out waste management method. All soaps provided in the bedrooms are gathered by UNISOAP association, as donation.
We have also introduced compost containers that later go feeding the earth back.
As far as plastics consumption is concerned, referring to water bottles notably, we have decided to remove those completely in 2021 and have opted for bottles of micro-filtered still and sparkling water, which are made of glass and are reusable.
04. FAUNA AND FLORA
Our gardener teams look after the Domaine just as they do with their own private gardens and thoroughly care for it each day. We favour natural, eco-friendly products that are not harmful to our land, but also preserve all animals living on the domain. We are extraordinarily lucky to host on our domain these many different bird species that are swans, ducks, herons and so on, but also, more secretly, some rare amphibian species.